Distinctive Gardens we provide for you top quality fertilizer products that have been developed and thoroughly tested just for this area with the proper blend of nutrients, special slow release nitrogen delivery systems, full strength active ingredients in our control products and special particle sizes for an even distribution on your lawn. Top professionals and golf courses demand this quality, so should you.
For best results follow our easy schedule below. Remember It is important to use quality products and apply them properly and at the correct time.
When seeding a lawn in spring we suggest a slightly different schedule due to the needs and vulnerability of a new lawn. You will not use a crabgrass preventor because the majority of crabgrass preventors will also kill germinating grass seed. You will begin with our starter fertilizer for root development and put off broadleaf weed control to after the lawn is strong and mature.
Start that new Lawn off right!
1. Develop a Strong Root System
2. Promote a Lush Healthy Full Lawn
3. Rejuvenate Lawn after Summer Stress
4. Prepare Lawn for Winter and Spring
1. March or April After applying your new grass seed it is important to apply our Starter fertilizer which is high in potassium, phosphors and iron. These nutrients are important to the health of your new lawn and promote a good strong deep root system without pushing a lot of undesirable top growth. You can seed and fertilize on the same day.
2. May or June To maintain your new lawn's health it is important to apply a fertilizer with the right slow release proportions of nutrients. Depending on how mature your lawn is it may be too soon fro broadleaf weed control, but they can be taken care of later in the season. Our second step fertilizer is high in slow release nitrogen for a gentle long lasting fertilization of your new lawn.
3. September or October Once that the summer heat is over it is time to start rebuilding your lawn. If broadleaf weeds are a problem apply our balanced fertilizer with Trimec. If weeds are not an issue apply our Early Fall fertilizer with slow release Nutralene to repair the damage the summer has caused.
4. October or November This is probably the most important and the most often forgotten application of fertilizer. This application of fertilizer strengthens your lawn for the stress of winter and allows your grass to store energy for the next season without the need for high nitrogen fertilizers in the Spring that can cause excessive top growth.
For special situations such as shade lawns or high traffic lawns our turf professionals
will provide you with a custom schedule.